23 Jul

Mint Idea

Posted in Design Agencies

Mint Idea

We are a small design studio specializing in accessible, simple & elegant web solutions“.

Mint Idea have created a very awe inspiring design that captures the company’s simple and elegant approach beautifully. The header is so lush and would be my second favorite element overall. My favorite piece is actually their top navigation menu, very slick and so simple. Great job Mint Idea.

Be Sociable, Share!

8 Comments

[…] Link to Article un studio Mint Idea » Posted at The Designed Tree on Monday, July 23, 2007 […]

Posted by University Update - UN Studio - Mint Idea July 23rd at 1:55 pm

That’s funny that one of their logo projects has the exact same tree design as this blog’s header. Is it coincidence?

Posted by Dahlia July 23rd at 6:28 pm

Hi Dahila,

Nice spot, that illustration is actually very common and is for sale on a very popular stock photo site. I have seen it loads of times around on my travels but to actually try and pull it off as your own work is a bit misleading to say the least.

Posted by Keith Donegan July 23rd at 6:57 pm

I love the freshness of it. I’m a big fan of green, specifically green grass, as my old theme design shows.

The only crit I have about the “Mint Idea” site is the top nav buttons. They are quite blurry, perhaps if they rendered the button images differently they would look a little sharper.

Posted by Mark July 25th at 2:18 pm

Hey Mark, I love the top buttons, but you do have a point about the blurriness. It is very slight and didn’t put me off that much. If it was me, I would have used text instead of images.

Posted by Keith Donegan July 25th at 2:25 pm

Hey Keith, yeah I’m with you on the text buttons, as opposed to the image buttons. It’s not hugely off putting, but the rest of the site is so crisp!

Posted by Mark July 26th at 10:21 am

Professional, crisp design – although very “common.” We need to phase out the sunbursts, glass look, and rounded edges. I just feel like we need something new :)

However, one major point is the fact that the company’s title (and leaf logo) seem like a major rip from “Mint.” http://www.haveamint.com/

I’m pretty sure Shaun wouldn’t have ripped this the other way around…

Posted by Lara July 27th at 11:41 pm

How is this for a rip: He ripped this other site Stoodeo with this Ikognito site he made.

Adam Pickering is a rip off artist.

Posted by JasonM August 8th at 5:00 am